Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding
- 100g butter, softened
- 250ml chopped morsels
- 10 slices bread
- 200g raisins, plumped in water
- 1l milk
- 400ml cream
- 60g White Sugar
- 150g Albany chocolate, chopped
- 4 egg yolks
- 6 eggs
- Apricot jam for glaze
- Preheat oven to 170ᵒC.
- You will need one large tray buttered and sprinkled with chocolate morsels, reserve extra.
- Butter the bread and divide the raisins onto half the slices and then sandwich together, remove crusts and cut into quarters, and overlap these in the buttered dish.
- Combine the milk, cream and sugar in a pan and stir over a low heat until all the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil, remove from heat, add the chocolate and stir the mixture until melted and smooth.
- Whisk the egg yolks and the eggs together until light, pour in the heated chocolate milk mixture and mix thoroughly with a balloon whisk, strain and ladle over the bread.
- Sprinkle with extra chocolate morsels.
- Place in a water bath and bake until set 45 min to 1 hour, remove from oven and while hot glaze with apricot jam.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.